Mia. 16 going on 17. Ravenclaw. Avid Reader.* * * * * * *
This is my book blog as well as my personal blog because I found it hard to manage two blogs at the same time. My personal life seems to be tied up with books and reading.* * * * * * *
DISCLAIMER: All pictures/graphics featured in this blog belong to its respective copyright owners unless otherwise stated.
how does one write less than one sentence
In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you.
Tag ten people, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let everyone know you’ve tagged them.
Thanks to bookcrooks for tagging me!
My 10 books (in no particular order):
1. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.
Definitely one of my favorite books of all time. Thank you J.K. Rowling for making my childhood magical.
2. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Piccoult
Reminded me of my deceased little sister. So much feels. </3
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
I like this book helluva lot.
4. The Social Cancer by Jose Rizal
Of course, this novel that played a crucial role in the rise of Philippine nationalism cannot be left out. And I am still waiting for the day when I can finally read the original Spanish.
5. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
My favorite classic. I love Jean Valjean. And don’t hate me… I also love Eponine.
6. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
Cutest love story ever. <3
7. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
Short but moving indeed.
8. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
A poignant mother-daughter story crafted in a heartbreaking-fairy-tale-like way… It just disappoints me that my mother doesn’t want to read it.
9. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
One of the best Newbery Medal books I have read.
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Atticus is <3.
tips to write college papers
- begin with “buckle your seatbelts, motherfuckers, because in eight short pages i am going to learn u a thing that i only learned myself about two hours ago, so sit down, shut up, and enjoy the experience of my 4-am-redbull-induced-self-hatred-fuelled-writing-extravaganza”
- erase when finished with the paper