Mia. 17. Ravenclaw. Avid Reader. Communication + Management Major.
This is my book tumblr blog as well as my personal blog because I found it hard to manage two blogs at the same time. My personal life seems to be tied up with books and reading.
DISCLAIMER: All pictures, graphics, videos and music featured in this blog are copyrighted by their respective copyright owners unless otherwise stated.
I was tagged by booksarebrainfood. Thank you! :)
Always post the rules!
1. Answer the questions.
2. Ask 5 new questions.
3. Tag 5 new blogs.
4. Message these blogs to let them know they have been tagged.
1. Do you prefer hardback or paperback books?
I prefer paperback books because they are easier to bring and they are cheaper. But in terms of quality, the hardbound always wins. However, I am looking more on the practical side because I have a limited budget for buying books. Hardbacks cost a lot of money. But I also buy some when there are book sales or bargains.
2. What’s next on your ‘to-read’ list?
I’m planning to read Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.
3. If you could meet your favourite author, what would you ask/tell them?
I would ask why they keep on killing characters. HAHA kidding! I would ask how they where inspired to write the book, who were the bases for their characters, and what are they writing habits. I would ask if when they were young, they really dreamed of becoming writers.
4. Is there a movie adaptation that you think did the book justice?
Flipped. It really followed the scenes in the book. The style of narration is also the same as the book.
5. What’s the funniest book you’ve ever read?
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. Totally hilarious. A guffaw at every page.
Here are my questions:
In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you.
Tag ten people, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let everyone know you’ve tagged them.
Thanks to bookcrooks for tagging me!
My 10 books (in no particular order):
1. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.
Definitely one of my favorite books of all time. Thank you J.K. Rowling for making my childhood magical.
2. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Piccoult
Reminded me of my deceased little sister. So much feels. </3
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
I like this book helluva lot.
4. The Social Cancer by Jose Rizal
Of course, this novel that played a crucial role in the rise of Philippine nationalism cannot be left out. And I am still waiting for the day when I can finally read the original Spanish.
5. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
My favorite classic. I love Jean Valjean. And don’t hate me… I also love Eponine.
6. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
Cutest love story ever. <3
7. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
Short but moving indeed.
8. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
A poignant mother-daughter story crafted in a heartbreaking-fairy-tale-like way… It just disappoints me that my mother doesn’t want to read it.
9. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
One of the best Newbery Medal books I have read.
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Atticus is <3.